Monday, November 25, 2013

I love booksignings

I had my first public book-signing on Sunday (at Quail Ridge Books in Raleigh, NC.)

At 3pm, the seats were half-filled, which made me blink.  At 3:05, it was standing room only.  That was cool.

I was incredibly nervous for about the first 25 seconds. Then it was just great. I loved talking with this group of readers, answering their questions, listening to their thoughts.  We had a reading from the book; my husband narrated for Mark (the hero) and my daughter narrated for Susanna (the heroine.) That was amazing.

It takes a lot of people to produce a book. Without my family, I couldn't have done it.

Then came the problem. The book store ran out of books.  Now, this is a good kind of problem to have. But it also means that I'll have to drive back to the store later this week to sign several books that are on order. I do not mind. Really.

Hmm, now I need to find other places to sign books! That was fun.




No comments:

Post a Comment