Monday, September 15, 2014

Trip #6 to New York

I'm going to New York this weekend.  This is my sixth trip to NYC ever, and three of them have been in 2014.

The first two times, I played tourist and took my family.  We visited museums, the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, Fifth Avenue, Central Park.  DD1 and I went to see Les Miz on Broadway. I contacted the actor portraying Jean Valjean in advance (to get his autograph on a CD), and he invited us backstage.  My daughter got to meet all the leads and had a long conversation with Young Cosette. Oh, yeah!




The rest of my visits have been all about writing, just as this one will be.  I'm attending the Chapter by Chapter Book Rave.  It'll be a lot of fun meeting readers, but there will be no time for touristy stuff in the Big Apple. Again.


No comments:

Post a Comment